While pursuing my MBA in New Zealand, I started working in a Montessori school and loved it. Yes! I love children and I love teaching. 4 years down the line I have worked at an acclaimed Montessori school in Auckland and completed my Post-graduation in Education and New Zealand Teacher Registration. I am currently pursuing my Montessori degree from MCI in London. Keep an eye out for new updates….
With my mom being a Yoga instructor I grew up with Yoga. I got trained in teaching Hatha Yoga from Vivekananda University in 2008 and then from the Yoga Institute in Mumbai in 2009. An avid follower of Hatha yoga it was only last year that I discovered “Ashtanga Vinyasa” yoga (Pattabhi Jois lineage) and fell in love with it. With more intense poses, Ujjayi breathing, Bandhas and Drishti points it helps me to stay in present. In 2013, I trained to become an Ashtanga Yoga Instructor from Auckland Yoga Academy. I now teach Ashtanga Beginners (Level 1 &2- Half primary series) on Wednesday 5 30pm-6 30pm and 6 30-8pm and Sunday 11-12 30pm at Auckland Yoga Academy(190 Federal Street)
Different countries, different people and different food fascinates me. I travel every year and have covered New Zealand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, India, Australia (part of it). Join me as I experience the new..
And now for the rest of me-
- My dream ambition is to be a drummer in an all girl rock band (I did learn drums and realised this would only ever be a dream :))
- My life’s ambition is to have my own cookbooks, Cooking DVD’s, yoga/ healthy food retreats, yoga studio, world traveller…wait did I say I was ambitious 😛
- My favourite colors are white and red.
- All of 2008, I listened to only Incubus and Mute Math.
- I have a background and post graduation in Finance where I worked in the research department at KPMG before I decided to pursue teaching.
- I have always loved dragons and dreamt of having one as a pet. I have read several books on them and The Eragon Trilogy is my favourite.
- I am a girl driver 😆
- I am afraid of the dark and the sound of sirens.
- I am not a pet person although I love animals.
- I am addicted to audiobooks.
- My biggest crush is Eddie Vedder.
- My favourite English movie is Into the Wild and Hindi movie is My Brother Nikhil.
- My favourite Indian author is Siddharth Sanghvi
- My favourite non fiction book is Tuesdays with Morrie and Autobiography of a Yogi.
- My family is my inspiration. My dad is the funniest person I know and an amazing entrepreneur. My mom is my role model for being the nicest, kindest and most helpful person you could ever meet. Both my brothers for being my best friends, partners in crime and also for inspiring me to start this blog (check out their blogs http://www.pravindaryani.com/and www.bhaveshdaryani.com)
- I do firmly believe that I am one of the luckiest people ever and amazing things happen to me everyday.
- I try my best to live by “Live life like you are going to die the next day and you will have no regrets.”
- I follow James Duigan’s “Clean and Lean” approach to food. Although my favourite food is Chocolate Croissants.
- My favorite things to do in Auckland are ice-skating and snorkeling (at goat island).
- I heart competitions. I did 332 sun salutations during my hatha teachers training course.
- I love everything Zen.
- I can organise, organise and organise.
- Vietnam is my favorite travel destination till now.
- I taught myself how to cook only when I moved to New Zealand.
- Dalai Lama is my hero.
- Sense of humor is important! George Carlin and Russell Peters are my favourite comedians.
- I love dancing (on the couch and on the stage) and have learned Kathak, Waltz, Salsa, Rumba and Samba.
- I have been a teetotaler for most of my life.